Wednesday 22 April 2020

The coronavirus pandemic

I miss writing somehow so today I decided to write. As we all know, the coronavirus outbreak has made us all stay at home for weeks. The government had announced the restriction movement order which had urged us to stay indoors for initially two weeks. Some businesses were told to close for the time being and us, citizens, were instructed to just stay at home and practise social distancing. But because of the numbers, the government added another two weeks extra on the second phase, and another two weeks on the third phase. The total of our time being at home is exactly a month and two weeks, for now. Of course, with this period of time given to us, I wanted to make my days as productive and impactful as possible. So on today's blog, I just thought of wanting to share the things I did to make the most of my weeks during this restriction movement order period.

The first and second week of the movement order I basically just take the time off to relax from waking up really early and getting ready for work. Stuck in my pyjamas the whole day. It was really my perfect long-awaited time to unwind from my hectic weeks before the pandemic. Also the perfect time to laze around and watch all the Netflix series and played The Sims 4 eight hours straight without feeling any guilt.

Towards the third week, I've been getting some motivation and inspiration to do productive things and one of them was to read as much as I could. Knowing myself as a slow reader but a person who's eager to read, I wanted to read as much as possible. And it came to my surprise that, I finished my fourth read and on to the fifth now. One thing I noticed that my likings in reading had certainly changed towards non-fiction, motivational, self-development/awareness kind of genre. Tried reading a fictional romance novel, but hardly make it through the first two chapters. Bet this has to do with my age.. or maybe the novel was boring.. either way, I just lose interest. Reading had certainly made me feel better about staying indoors.

Another productive thing I did was trying out a new workout practice. As much as I loved running on the treadmill as a form of working out, I was actually pretty excited to try something new that I've been wanting to try it for such a longggg time, and it was Yoga. I got really interested in yoga when a close friend of mine shared her zen experience through yoga and since we're in the midst of this chaotic outbreak, all you want to be is at peace and relax in your own comfort, so definitely yoga was the ideal workout option. At first, I could really feel that I was stiff and the movement was a bit awkward and uncomfortable for me. But after a while practising it, I feel more relax and somehow energised. Truly believe now that with that 10-15 minutes yoga, every morning, could certainly lift up the mood and keep your mind relaxed.

Before I sign off, if there's anything you wanted to do or dreaming of doing, this is the time to try new things and see if the things you want to do are really your likings. In my case, I tried proper golfing with my dad, well it was fun, bonding time and all but... it is not something I'd like to do more in the future and that's fine because at least I get to learn the basics of golf.... or trying to golf lol. Never wait until you're ready because you never will be. Or if you are ready, the time we have now won't come around again. Ending my post with a quote by my favourite author and I wish everyone is being safeguarded from the virus.

Do not turn down too many opportunities. If you insist you need more preparation, you may not be invited again when you finally ready. You are ready. You can take up the challenge.         --- Haemin Sunim
Share with the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic