Thursday 23 August 2018

Before its done and dusted


Re-reading my entry of "Good chicken wings" made me realised that I have walked so much ever since day 1. Although I was barely surviving throughout the year, thank God, I survived. Results came out last July, and looks like my battle for the year is over. Well technically no it hasn't, just another one more year left but let me have the thought that it is over for now. But then again before everything will be done and dusted, I've to undergo one more stage of my pathetic life where I'll be doing my dissertation. Indirectly this means more pile of  workload added. If someone were to ask me how I made it, honestly I don't know. I can only remember crying and sleeping. Literally. It was the toughest year of my life. Trying to be on par with everyone was so pressuring and getting my assignments done on time in such proper quality can be/was definitely stressful. For all of that, I am thankful that my circles are still with me, continuously supporting me. And some part of me still feel terribly sorry for my boyfriend for always trying to comfort me every time (since he's the only one who's always around).

Despite the hustle and the "terrific" weather, I enjoyed my days being in abroad. I might be lying if I don't love the fact that I'm only 30 minutes away from London. So yes, I loved it! It's surreal for me to be able to travel to London and taking the Underground as if I knew where I was actually heading to. But yes I experienced it and I loved it. It's definitely my dream come true. Also, I'm very satisfied with my part time job too. The pay is good, very flexible and everyone (including managers and supervisors) treated me nicely, no bad experience so far. And I love when the elderly starts chatting because they never stopped and their stories can sometimes be something to think about (in a good way) or just ridiculously funny. And with my pay, I spent it all to watch namely named artist performed live. My type of goals.

I think beside studying, everything seems to be easy than what I thought it'll be. Like food was never a problem, as my boyfriend surely can cook some fine Malaysian dish everyday. The place I stayed was great, I never experience anything threatening. And I feel so blessed that I've a very caring lecturer as my personal tutor. I even gave him my cactus so he could take care of them over the summer. Everything was fine and I'm currently missing it. Now that I'm doing my internship, I missed those days where I actually have time for myself. I was so ungrateful back then when I kept on complaining how miserable my life was. Now that I realised that your time can be very precious, I thanked everyone who had always been there for me and made things easier for me.

Before I end, here's an immature me snapping shots using manual film camera for the first time, I called it "my koyak film" because I accidentally tear the film when I was rolling it back to its case. Honestly I regret for not having enough photos and videos taken back in Reading.

N, London Paddington
A, Nottingham


N & N, Bath
Share with the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic