Saturday 23 June 2018

Left flowers on the floor


Disclaimer: this is a very late post because i kept on procrastinating. 

2017 was definitely all about concerts. To sum up my year, here's another one.

December '17 was the month I've been looking forward so much, this is because I'm finally free from all the assignments I had for the term. Not quite aware if anyone notice but my schedule was so packed compare to my first year, which is so so stressful. Well I do have time to have fun in between but the assignments just kept on kicking in and catching all the deadlines always had been a struggle. I noticed that all my previous blog posts are about schools, studies and stress, and I seriously think that this has been my life ever since. But this is not what this post is about.

So here's what happened, the usual Friday was my last class of the term. Had a good dinner and I've packed my bags to leave Reading. Next day, Saturday, this is where the truest adventure begins. Hopped on a train to Birmingham in the morning hoping everything will go as planned however I stopped at the wrong station because I didn't know there was two stations in Birmingham. But someone had sorted out for me. Continuing with the journey, went to the Christmas market (which is actually my first time seeing Christmas being so festive just like hari raya but with beers and winter clothing), visited a museum being all touristy and then checking in to the Airbnb and had lunch, late lunch actually. Side note: if you're a Malaysian and you wanted Malaysian food in Birmingham, you can try Malaysian Delight or D'rasa. To me they're not the best but they're okay. And the Airbnb we stayed was really cozy and sparkling clean and the host was very helpful and nice too (a bonus where she let us stay in her house a little longer before checked out). It felt like our own home.

So the reason why I was in Birmingham, I came to see LANY perform! Super excited since its my first ever gig in UK. I loved loved loved LANY so much! As predicted they were amazing and if there's a chance for me to go for their gigs again, I would (obviously). Comparing the gigs back in Asia that I've went, the crowd there weren't as crazy as in Asia. Like no one actually like rushed in to the hall to get their perfect stand or seat like everyone was pretty chill. They were calm which I was quite surprised. Well the fact that it's cold outside the line weren't that long, usually in Asia, fans starts queuing as early as 3pm. All in all, twas a well spent night.

To make it more special, that was the first time I've experienced snow. It felt so magical waking up in Birmingham that morning. The white thick snow covering up roads and pavements, clean and mesmerising, a disguise to what it was before. The truth is, the whole snow experience isn't what it is. The bus got stranded, train was delayed, shoes got soaked and I was battling through the heavy snowfalls for an hour. But one thing that is true was that it felt magical. The whole experience is. This is one of those memories I'll never forget. My first snow angel made, my first attempt in making a snowman and my first snowball fight with the one I love.

Me not wearing my winter jacket just for the sake of taking a good photo
Share with the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic